Resurrecting a badly beaten horse...

Is there any interest in having NTLM authentication (as a SASL mech and possibly as an HTTP mech) documented as an Informational RFC? I believe I have enough existing documentation (Eric Glass' http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html being the best) and enough implementation experience writing the CMU SASL NTLM plugin to write a fairly complete document.

I would probably use Eric's documentation of the message formats and the algorithms for the password hashes from Paul Leach's CIFS draft.

I'm especially interested in hearing from the Microsoft folks w.r.t. any IPR problems. Since Paul has already made the algorithms available in an I-D, I guess the only outstanding issue would be the message formats.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127