Mark Crispin wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Ken Murchison wrote:

I consider this to be a bug in RFC 3516.  If it intended to make BINARY[]
valid, it should have used the RFC 3501 "section" rule.

Fetching BINARY[..] for message/rfc822 body part has the same problem.

As does MULTIPART/...anything...

Do you have any suggestions on what to do about this, other than defaulting to BODY[..] behavior?

That default seems to be precisely the right thing.

Can the same be said for BINARY[], or should we disallow it altogether?

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127