On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:43:57AM -0000, Richard Bang wrote:
> Could this not be resolved cleanly and made a little more general
> purpose in the next revision of imap.
>
> The SELECT could have a TYPE response
>
> TYPE = MAILSTORE | ICARD | ICAL | DOCUMENT
>
> Thus
> SELECT addressbooks/fred
> Could reply with
> * [TYPE ICARD]
> * [EXISTS 10]

ANNOTATEMORE extension supports per-mailbox annotations which you can use to
do this.

> Each item in the store has an additional header field
> MODIFIEDDATE which is similar to INTERNALDATE but return the date
> modified. A plain old mailstore would return the INTERNALDATE as the
> file is not modifiable. This is also searchable so you can simply find
> the messages modified since the last check.
>
> You then need a modify command
>
> MODIFY id {size} data
> And
> UID MODIFY uid {size} data

Like Arnt said, this won't happen. I don't think it's much of a problem just
to do this with APPEND + EXPUNGE.

Also I think creation date should be stored in Date header and last modified
date in INTERNALDATE. This allows using existing command to search either
one of them.