On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, per hygum wrote:
>What I do in "pseudo" description:
> Client->Server: 6 FETCH 19 (UID RFC822.SIZE BODY[]<0.4967>)
> Client<-Server: "I get the data back I request BUT also additional
> data. This is 'FLAGS (\Recent \Seen)' data". It is contained in the
> same untagged response and not in a seperate untagged response.
>The peculiar thing is that when I execute the exactly same command twice I get the
>FLAGS added in the first response but not the second time. It means the server adds
>FLAGS the first time a newly arrived message is touched.
>I think this is a IMAP server bug ?
>I think the same command must always give the same response.

It's compliant with IMAP.

The first time you get the FLAGS inside the fetch, it's because the BODY[]
request implicitly sets the \Seen flag. The server's allowed to attach
this update to the FETCH response.

The next time, the \Seen flag has already been set, so there's no update.

Andy :-)

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen
http://www.bincimap.org/