Now this may be a very foolish question but bear with
me as I am new to IMAP.

Installed and compiled the UW IMAP server. Got imapd
and ipopd compiled. Changed the /etc/inetd.conf and
/etc/services on solaris9. When I run imad I get the
following message :

OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
LOGINDISABLED] mymachine IMAP4rev1 2003.339 at Sat, 10
Apr 2004 18:36:50 -0600 (MDT)

Now what next? How can I create an email account and
use this IMAP server? I didn't find any imapd.conf
anywahere either. I could not telnet to localhost 143
either. What am I missing? Please send the reply to my
email address too as I just subscribed to the list.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ashish