On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Timo Sirainen wrote:
I didn't say anything about NFS. Filesystems clustered over multiple
separate computers providing automatic failover if a few of the
computers die are more interesting. Of course that assumes that they
work correctly - I don't have personal experience with them yet.

In this modern day and age, CPUs are much more reliable than the underlying file store. It makes no sense to have backup CPUs to cover a CPU failure if a single event can destroy the entire filesystem.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.