On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Pete Maclean wrote:
That, in my view, is not the real problem though. As a server developer myself, I am inclined to be extremely forgiving of server bugs.

You shouldn't be. Server bugs are unforgivable. Any forgiveness should be granted to clients.

Now, this is not Courier we are talking about. What sort of reputation does Merak have? Does anyone connected with Merak read this mailing list?

I have encountered Merak several times in the past, and it does seem to be a rather buggy server.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.