I'm having an issue that may not apply directly to UW-IMAP, but if someone
could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I configured a Suse 8.1 box with Squirrelmail 1.4.3a to query my Postfix
1.1.12 and UW-IMAP 2001a-142. It was working fine after some configuration
issues were resolved regarding folder delimiters.

As I was reviewing my mailbox through Outlook, after sending and receiving
test through Squirrelmail, I noticed that I had a folder named "~". In my
genius I deleted it as I thought it was an extra folder since it had nothing
in it. Of course deleting this "folder" deleted all my email except what was
in /var/spool/mail; it deleted all the mail in my home directory.

Does anyone know why this happened or anyway to recover the mail? I am using
the mbox format.

Thanks in advance.

Paul