Argh! I have always had a serious misunderstanding about this then. It seemed to me that the very fact that there is a response explicitly listing FLAGS applicable to the mailbox meant that a server was not required to support all of them. Well, I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification, Mark.

Pete Maclean