On Apr 03, James Rubino <james.rub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been reading along IMDbPY for two years now and my what a long way
> the code has come.

What a mess? ;-)

> I was fortunate to attend IMDB founder Col Needham's talk at the South by
> South West Festival in Austin Texas USA two weeks ago.
> While he never gave IMDbPY an official endorsement, he did mention it as a
> way for developers to be creative with the IMDB data sets.

Really?  Explicitly?  SO, NO NINJAS TO KILL US ALL?! ;-)
No, seriously: that's the Greatest News Ever(tm), for IMDbPY.

> He mentioned that API's have always been a consideration though the
> direction of the company has been mostly focused on becoming an integrated
> data and entertainment platform... the goal at this point is to create
> on-demand video streams from IMDB.com.

I know, and that's understandable.  Taking business issues into
consideration, a public API is not exactly a gold mine - not to
mention legal problems redistributing content provided by others...

>    1) We really should be releasing an optimized EC2 AMI of IMDbPY and
> related viable works.

That's a thing I can investigate, at least to see if it's feasible.

>    2) Plead, beg, buy 'em (Amazon and IMDB Head Pumba's ) beer, wine and
> scotch to garner more support for IMDbPY as a legitimate development
> platform.

LOL. :-)

Thank you very much for the great news!

--