On May 04, Roman Gaufman <hacke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anyway to see how much screen time an actor had or if
> they are playing a lead or supporting role? - any other hack or
> workaround to remove the cruft from the cast list?

Hi!

The cast list returned by IMDb (both from the web and the plain text
data files) _CAN_ already be sorted for importance.  Obviously for
lesser known (and still in production) titles, the cast list can be
wholly unsorted.  To tell the truth, recently IMDb started sorting
it - when no better information are available - using their STARmeter
value.

IMDbPY keeps the list sorted, so I think your only option is to
cut it at a reasonable point (5?  10?).  No other information,
like screen time, are available, as far as I know.

HTH,
--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com> [GPG KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://erlug.linux.it/~da/