On Dec 28, keeners org <keeners....@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I renamed the lxml library to hide it, it worked with the
> fallback beautifulsoup. Anyways, I thought I'd make a note in case
> others encountered similar oddities, hopefully saving someone time.
> lxml works in development with the most up to date libxml2/libxslt.

> (2, 6, 26)

Thanks for your notice!  In fact I remember similar problems with
some versions of libxml.
I don't know how much 2.6.26 is widespread: actually (on a Debian
sid) I have 2.7.6.  We could introduce a check on the version and
refuse to use it, if it cause problems on many systems.

Regards,
--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com> [GPG KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/