I sent this to both help and devel lists, since I think it could be relevant
to both and fielded by either. Sorry for everyone getting two copies.
---

I'm working on a project that analyzes graph structures using a modified
version of PageRank for a sample data set, I'm considering IMDB, using
imdbpy, specifically. I've parsed all the data into MySQL but now need to
build a graph, probably using NetworkX, igraph, or directly in matplotlib.
I'll likely be doing much of the analysis using Numpy.

So for building the graph, it will actually have two tiers, one tier being
movies and the other being person (actors/actress). So...what I think I'd
like to do, and I'm writing for suggestions of implementation on this or
different approaches, is to iterate through each movie title and create
nodes in my graph. Likewise, iterate through each actor and create nodes for
them. The edges of the graph represent the relationships between movie and
actor.

So, it doesn't look like imdbpy has the ability built-in to iterate through
all movies, or movies of a specific genre, nor of actors. So I suppose I
will create a new method of the Movie class and implementation within the
sql parser to return all results. From the note on the worst 100 movies, I
presume there is a result limit in the mysql, so perhaps a python generator
that handles 'pagination' of the results.

Please let me know if there's an easier approach or if this would be useful
enough for me to submit a patch.

Thanks,

Derek