On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 20:37, Kostas Psimoulis <rondi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am having a really hard time to install imdbpy,

It seems that you're missing the libc6-dev package, containing
the headers required to compile C code.
If you can't install it, you can run the setup.py script with
the --without-cutils argument, to skip the cutils module.

> Method 4)
> The ubuntu package python-imdbpy installs successful but the problem is that
> I don't have and I cannot find anywhere the script imdbpy2sql.py
>
> I found this script in the tar.gz file, but shouldn't this file be copied
> automatically to somewhere like /usr/local/bin ?

I think they are in the /usr/share/doc/python-imdbpy/examples/ directory
(maybe compressed).
It's a choice of the packager, and I assume it comply with the rules of
the distribution.

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/