On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 09:09, darklow <dark...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Since i dont need other movie types than Movies, which KIND_ID=1
>  so it means i could narrow down from 1 985 650 to  560 606 titles, which
> would greatly improve performance for some of my scripts. So i could get rid
> of ~1.4 million titles, it means event more million names.

Hmmm... I have to think about and look at the code, but I fear it's nearly
impossible.

The information about the kind of a movie is not taken from a single file.
Instead, each time a title is found (in any of the parsed files), it's analyzed
(and amongst other things its "kind" is detected) and checked to see if
we already known this title and if it has an titleID already given (otherwise,
a new progressive one is assigned).

The whole process is automated, and I don't think it would be easy to
exclude only a certain kind of title, sorry.

This way of working makes possible to import only a single file (e.g.
"special-effects-companies.list.gz") and incidentally makes the "movies.list.gz"
file almost useless.

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/