On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:50, K Hein <khei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It throws the following error. It
> seems like the exception handler code tries to insert a duplicated record
> into cast_info table with existing primary key.

Yep, that's the case.

> Can anyone help me fix this
> problem or suggest any work around solution?

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the problem.
Do you have the latest version of IMDbPY installed from the Mercurial
repository?
You can download it from here: https://bitbucket.org/alberanid/imdbpy/
(see the "get source" link)

By the way, do you have SQLObject or SQLAlchemy installed? (or both?)

Another thing you can try, is to use the -c /path/to/an/empty/directory
argument: imdbpy2sql.py will write a series of .csv files in that directory,
that will be later imported into the database.

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/