On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Giovanni Bianchi <gb.si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I searched on google and I found a comment on this suggesting to
> increase the max_allowed_packet value in mysql server. I did it (brought
> up to 500M) but still the problem represent itself.
> Any other hint?

Hi Giovanni,
which version are you using?
Maybe you can try with the one from the repository:
https://github.com/alberanid/imdbpy

Besides this, you can try adding the "-c /path/to/an/empty/directory"
argument to
the command line: it will store a set of CSV files in that directory,
to be used later
to import everything in a single pass.
(pardon, don't remember if you've to enable this option in MySQL or if
it's on by default)

Hope this helps,

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x3845A3D4AC9B61AD]