ok, that got rid of the errors on the postfix start.
however, I still have no /var/log/maillog

I did move it from /var/log/maillog to /usr/bob/maillog this morning while =
i was digging out of our problem... did that break something.

Insidently, the problem this morning was that we had an infected computer =
in our network that found our imgate box and was spewing like crazy. We =
run declude on the imail box but nothing on our imgate box and config our =
clients to use imail. The infected computer must have finally hit the IP =
of our imgate to start the flood.

if anyone runs similar to this, make sure your internal clients cannot use =
port 25 on your imgate box or you could end up like we did.... tough lesson=
.