>I noticed that one of my domains was getting over 500 megs  mail sent to
>non-existent users one a daily basis. The mail came from a variety of
>senders. I then moved the account to a different mail server and now
>this new mail server is getting all the traffic, with the similiar
>activity of random non-existent email addresses to his domain.
>
>My question is why is this one domain attracting all this spam.

this is the first time you've seen this?  it's been going on for years.  I
don't know how spammers work, they probably work in 100's of different
ways, but the @recpient.domain is in a database shared by many spammers,
via address cdrom's, etc, etc.  And the older a domain, the more likely the
volume of spam will be greater.

the sender@ and recipient@ are forged using some other database, the
combinations are infinite.   Imail nobody@ allows spammers to deliver,
which is how they get paid, so they will re-use a nobody@ domain to run up