Zitat von Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostet...@physics.utexas.edu>:

Quoting Jan Schneider <j...@horde.org>:

I see the argument for including the code to support the hook, but not
provide his actual hook code...  Then people who do want a pre-reply hook
would be able to write one (say, maybe it checks for replies to known
phishing addresses, or something else potentially useful).

We always provide examples, for a good reason. If we are going to add that hook, we should find a useful example. If we don't find one, then the hook doesn't make sense to me.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I can think of a couple potential ones...

We could poll EDU horde/imp installs about the phishing example
above...  Lots of talk about this kind of thing on EDU mailing lists,
and a lot of EDU's use Horde/IMP...   The EDU's have a list of phishing
replies, mostly used now at the MTA, but could be useful at the MUA also
for user education in addition to stoping the phish replies...

That sounds useful.

Could also be something about "replying to list" when the list sets
the reply-to to be the list address instead of the sender...  An
"are you sure" kind of thing...

I don't see a use for the original topic (change from based on reply)
but I can see where other cases might be useful (stop/verify replies to
certain addresses, etc).

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/