    Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:37:38 +0200
    From: Dietmar Rieder <adrie...@sbox.tugraz.at>
 Subject: Re: [imp] Problem with sharing tasks.
      To: ANANT S ATHAVALE <a...@isac.gov.in>
      Cc: imp@lists.horde.org

ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
Dear DD,

I did not understand clearly, can you please explain a bit how it will address my problem.

take a look at http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7013 it is explained there.

Basically the hooks can add and remove the realm were needed.
So you would just need to adapt the _username_hook_frombackend() hook so that it adds the realm to the $userID and _username_hook_tobackend() should remove it. The realm parameter in servers.php is not needed any more in such a setup.

Something like this: (untested)

if (!function_exists('_username_hook_frombackend')) {
     function _username_hook_frombackend($userID)
     {
      $vrealm = '@realm';
      if (substr($userID, -strlen($vrealm)) == $vrealm) {
$log_msg = '_username_hook_frombackend called for user "' . $userID . ' - not modifying "';
      } else {
$log_msg = '_username_hook_frombackend called for user "' . $userID . ' - adding "' . $vrealm . '"';
        $userID = $userID . $vrealm;
      }
      Horde::logMessage($log_msg, __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_DEBUG);
      return $userID;
    }
}

if (!function_exists('_username_hook_tobackend')) {
     function _username_hook_tobackend($userID)
    {
         $fullusername = split('@', $userID);
$log_msg = '_username_hook_tobackend called for user "' . $userID . ' - removing "' . $fullusername[1] . '"';
         Horde::logMessage($log_msg, __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_DEBUG);
         return $fullusername[0];
     }
}

HTH