On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Michael Gröne wrote:

I tested the following script on our developement-system (physically real) and on the productive-version (virtual machine):

----
<?php
echo microtime();
echo "<br>";
echo microtime();
?>
----

On the developement-system the two values are *always* different, on our productive system they are always the same - it makes me wonder why.

My workaround is to call usleep(1) before calling microtime(), which results in an unique Content-ID for HTML- and other Parts.

Have you a less dirty solution? ;)

Append the output of rand() or mt_rand() to the string, or replace microtime() entirely with a string generated by the output of rand/mt_rand.

        Andy