Quoting Andy Dorman <ador...@ironicdesign.com>:

I am not sure if this is more appropriate for the imp or horde mailing lists. I apologize in advance if I got it wrong.

FanMail is upgrading our email service to the current Horde Webmail service suite.

We have been testing with the latest Debian packaged versions and one thing we have really missed is the ability to fetch email from other accounts. I personally have to keep bouncing back to our current production service and run FetchMail to pull in my Gmail and cable company email so I don't have to log into and read three separate email accounts.

So, I have a question for all you awesome Horde developers...do any of you have the time to work on updating the old fetchmail feature to work with the latest horde/imp, and do you have any sort of estimate as to the cost?

We are not a big company, but we need fetchmail (or something that will check and pull in email from multiple accounts), are not going to have the time to develop it ourselves, and would like to be able to contribute something back to the excellent Horde project.

Please feel free to respond off list with your thoughts and feedback.

A good place to start communicating with the developer that maintains IMP is the following enhancement request for the feature set that is planned to replace the old functionality.

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/8077

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)