On 09/12/2013 11:24 AM, azurIt wrote:
Quoting Andy Dorman <ador...@ironicdesign.com>:

I did a bit of searching and did not find anything discussing any
open IRM standards that could be used by Horde or any other open
source application.  But if such standards exist, I would hope we,
the horde community, could eventually expand the system to be able
to offer it.

This is extremely unlikely to ever happen in IMP.  For about a billion
different reasons.

Name the one thousand please.

azur

Azur, if it is important enough to the community then we, the community, can step up and either pay the horde team to add it or one of us can do it ourselves and give it back to the community.

I would certainly not expect something of this potential complexity to be added for free or soon though. And the first step would have to be some sort of open IRM standards which I have not yet found to exist or even be in discussion.

Also, too many big companies (with well paid lawyers) are making big $ off it right now. Because of that I bet Open Source IRM would probably be dragged into court on patent claims if it began to threaten their income in any way.

--
Andy Dorman