On 08/14/2014 01:34 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
Quoting L. D. James <lja...@apollo3.com>:

I'm trying to find a way to disable the split right frame of the mail view that shows the content of the message when selecting a message. Most mail clients considers this a preview or view pane... Microsoft's Outlook refer to it as, "Reading Pane". I always disable it for many reasons, which includes problems related to selecting message ranges when clicking a message and having it automatically opened unintended. I don't want messages that I haven't had time to actually read marked as read while scrolling through the list. You also loose a lot of view real-estate that could be used in listing more messages to choose from.

This has always been possible in all my other versions of Imp which I have run in the past.

Not for awhile. These display-specific preferences are now stored per-browser (since a user may use more than 1 browser, and may have different display limitations on each).

The default is in js/dimpcore.js (the prefs property in the DimpCore object). You can either edit the default in that file or you can do something like dynamically add the value when loading the page via a hook.

michael

Right, Michael. It was quiet a long time ago. Before this current version I was running Horde3 when it first came out. The horde package is so powerful that it has last all those years without any glitches.

I recently had problems because of a hard drive failure. I'll check for updates more frequently now.

Thanks for the tip on the dimpcore object. This was exactly what I was looking for. The single pane works great!

Oh yea, the new features with Horde are really Great! I especially like the ease of operation on the Android.

Thanks!

-- L. James

--
L. D. James