Are you *sure* you need the full f...@example.com to authenticate to
the Dovecot server?  Other MUAs may be working simply because they are
stripping off the domain.  You havent provided any verification that
this is the case.

Dovecot does need the full u...@domain.com address.

I didn't say this.  I said the IMAP LOGIN command doesn't accept
non-ASCII characters.  But the IMAP AUTHENTICATE command does (which
Horde/IMP supports).

Once I authenticate and login to horde (not imp) using the IDN (this has always worked), I am able to login separately - in a second login task - to imp - if I use the punycode (unacceptable to the end-user, of course), so the problem is only that the IMAP login command doesn't accept accented characters or all the utf-8 characters.

SO, can this be changed, and are the horde team going to change this so that it does accept all the utf-8 characters?

Secondly, is there a workaround that you or anyone knows of? For example, changing a file to use a different php function to escape or validate/control a GET form input ? Do I have to use roundcube or squirrelmail frontend at present so that IDN's don't have to be entered in their punycode?

Thanks for your help on this.

Ed

michael

Michael Slusarz [slus...@horde.org]