Zitat von Odhiambo Washington <odhia...@gmail.com>:

Happy New Year 2015 to all.

I am having some headache getting IMP to display messages. I get the famous
"Error when communicating with the server" when I select INBOX. I do see
the number of messages listed, but I am not able to display them because of
this error.

It's a complicated/stupid setup where I moved my horde directory to another
server.

The first problem I can see is that there is an attempt to connect to the
DB (I use MySQL), but it's failing because it's using the wrong
credentials. How many/which files do I have to edit to ensure I have the
correct DB logon credentials? Is there another file other than
horde/config/conf.php which contains these credentials?

Only you can answer this question. By default, all Horde code accessing the database will use the global DB configuration. But at the same time, each place that uses SQL can be configured to use different DB connection details. Whether those have been used, only you could tell.

Is there a simpler way of solving this bar for blowing up everything and
starting afresh?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,