Dear all,

since a few weeks we have been oberserving a strange behaviour when messages with a Content-Transfer-Encoding of 8bit are converted by Horde to be attachments. Someone sent an email with this encoding and without any attachments to me using Thunderbird 31.3.0. When I tried to forward this message via Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.2.4 with the option "As Attachment" or as "Attachment and Body Text" I received the error "server does not support 8-bit message data" and the email was not forwarded. Using the option "In Body Text" did not cause any error neither did a reply. We have experienced the same behaviour on different browsers and operating systems. The sender of the email uses the same (Exim4-) SMTP server as I do and the email can be forwarded and answered perfectly using Thunderbird.

Horde log with level "INFO" does not seem to show anything concerning this.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Have a nice evening!

Best,
Lorna

--