+1 to both points.

-mike
Sent from mobile.

From: Jan Schneider <j...@horde.org>
Sent: Jan 15, 2015 3:53 AM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] New required dependency

Zitat von Arjen de Korte <arjen+ho...@de-korte.org>:

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slus...@horde.org>:

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+ho...@de-korte.org>:

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slus...@horde.org>:

Quoting azurIt <azu...@pobox.sk>:

IMP 6.2.4 introduces new required dependency:

You mean 6.2.5.

Will upgrade channel://pear.horde.org/imp
Unknown remote channel: phpseclib.sourceforge.net
horde/imp requires package "channel://phpseclib.sourceforge.net/File_ASN1"
No valid packages found
upgrade-all failed

Is this ok? Why it suddenly needs this strange package from external source?

To parse badly formatted S/MIME data.

Might be worth a note in http://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/UPGRADING.

Why?

We've never added notes to UPGRADING before when adding new package dependencies. And I don't see any reason to start now.

Because these would not require registering additional PEAR channels? One can assume that 'pear.php.net' and 'pear.horde.org' are registered, because these are either required by PEAR or was registered during the initial Horde installation (per the instructions in http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL). Any additional packages from these channels required should be good to go. Howevere, the requirement for the 'phpseclib.sourceforge.net' channel is mentioned nowhere in the Horde documentation, so it would be helpful if this was mentioned somewhere.

For off-list replies, you must remove the address extension.

Agreed, and I would go even further. We never *required* packages from other channels than Horde and PEAR before. This could be added as an optional dependency, but not as a required one.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project