Quoting Simon B <simon.buongio...@gmail.com>:

On 25 Nov 2016 09:54, "Michael J Rubinsky" <mrubi...@horde.org> wrote:

Please don't top post.

Quoting john smith <johnsmith.125696...@gmail.com>:

OK, that's a black mark in Apple's copybook.  :-|

Maybe. Though the EAS protocol isn't really the best choice for desktop
synchronization anyway.

Why do you say that?

It's good in the sense that you only have to configure a single account to get everything. However, IMAP is a MUCH more efficient protocol for email.

Just curious..

Because I'd really love a Linux client that did this as well...

Simon

Do you know of any way to get contacts/e-mails/alarms etc synced on an
Apple laptop?  Other than using the Horde web interface, of course, which
is what I've been using.

IMAP for email, CardDav/CalDav for contacts/calendar.

Thanks.

Quoting john smith <johnsmith.125696...@gmail.com>:

On the Mac or on any Apple products?  I have Exchange working perfectly
on

my iPad..

Sorry, I meant on MacOS. iOS does, of course.

Quoting john smith <johnsmith.125696...@gmail.com>:

Hi,

I'm trying to add my Horde account to a MacBook.  I enter the
username,
password and then it displays two fields with 'internal URL' and
'external
URL' with the message 'unable to verify the account username and
password'.

The Horde is working fine - I have autodiscover pointing to the
/usr/share/horde/rpc.php but I don't know which URL to put into these
two
fields.

Anyone help?.

Apple's Mail/Contacts/Calendar apps do not support ActiveSync.

mike
The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org
https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject