On 02/28/2017 02:07 AM, Alex wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:31 PM, Andy Dorman <ador...@ironicdesign.com
<mailto:ador...@ironicdesign.com>> wrote:

    On 02/27/2017 02:27 AM, Simon B wrote:

        Please do not top post.

        On 27 Feb 2017 04:15, "Alex" <alex9...@gmail.com
        <mailto:alex9...@gmail.com>> wrote:

            Hi Simon,

            Thank you very much for your reply. I had already tried both
            links that

        you provided. Unfortunately both do not help to solve my problem.

            1. Link 1 just states "There currently seem to be some
            issues with

        sessions and custom session ids via RPC under certain
        circumstances that
        are yet to be found." It provides no solution. Also the problem is
        different: ActiveSync works for me! Its just that I cannot
        access the
        webinterface for IMP (Kronolith, nag, etc. still working!)

        If ActiveSync is working, then Horde is working and your issue
        is probably
        stale webserver files What does your webserver logs say then?
        Have you
        cleared the cache?

            2. Link 2 refers to database connection on port 3306. I do
            not use port

        3306 but instead unix sockets. The database connection works for
        all other
        PHP applications (e.g. adminer) on the same host, so I do not
        suspect this
        to be an issue.

            I do not understand why you stated that "You're also not
            installing horde

        in a manner recommended by the devs". Of course I followed the
        instructions
        on

            https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL
            <https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL>

            which should be the recommended way, no?

        Yes.  And if you've installed via pear, that's great.  Your
        first post
        could be interpreted that you were using Ubuntu packages.  Which
        is not the
        recommended way.

            Everything worked without any problems, before I did an apt
            upgrade on

        the underlying OS. Since all other apps continue to work without
        problem, I
        think the issue might be specific to Horde and I was just
        looking for tips
        on how to debug and find a solution.

            To your questions:
            1. As per default, I use dovecot for authentication. Dovecot is

        recommended by Horde.

            2. Dovecot version 2.2.22, postfix version 3, PHP version 5.6.30

        An OS upgrade, shouldn't affect Horde.  If the web ui is
        accessible at all
        you could run phpinfo(); from the PHP shell.

        In the worst case, you could backup all your Horde config files,
        delete the
        Horde directory and install it again, copying the config files
        back one at
        a time.

        Simon

            Thank you for your support
            Alex

            On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Simon B
            <simon.buongio...@gmail.com <mailto:simon.buongio...@gmail.com>>

        wrote:

                On 26 Feb 2017 06:54, "Alex" <alex9...@gmail.com