Hello all,

I am proposing a manual import of the southern portion of King County, WA.
A significant portion of north King County has been previously imported,
including Kirkland and Seattle.

Wiki link is here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/South_King_County_Import

I am by far the most active mapper in this area, responsible for 95% of the
data surveyed in person and most of the armchair mapped data in Kent,
Renton, Burien, Covington, Tukwila, SeaTac, Des Moines, Federal Way,
Auburn, Sumner, Bonnie Lake, Black Diamond, Enumclaw, and more.

This would be a hand-completed import by myself, based on the released Bing
building footprints (which have an OSM compatible license) and the King Co.
address data that was previously used for other area imports.

Workflow is manual, using a portion of 1000 or so buildings copied from the
Bing dataset, manually merged using the JOSM conflate tool with the King
Co. address data.

Tagging would be simple:

building=yes
addr:street=[expanded street name with no abbreviations]
addr:housenumber=XXXX
addr:city=XXXX
addr:postcode=XXXXX
addr:state=WA

Data would be then manually conflated with existing data. As I have mapped
the vast majority of existing data and live in the area, I know of many new
buildings that are not on any satellite photos, and can intelligently merge
them.

I will communicate with some local mappers who occasionally map in very
localized areas before I import near those locations. Given I track nearby
changes using the various QA tools, I am very familiar with the local
community, even mappers who only map a few times a year.

Being a committed, long term local mapper, I have a vested interest in
avoiding the one and done import style. I am constantly updating the map in
the area.

This brings a great deal of value to the local community and OSM as a
dataset, given the fact that there is a population of 500k.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Sam