Hello all,

I am proposing a manual import of VGIN data for central Virginia, starting
with Hanover County. This dataset has already been routinely used for
imports in southeastern Virginia. Thus, ODbL compliance is already verified.

Wiki:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Central_Virginia_Import#Tagging_Plans

By starting with Hanover County allows a testing ground for this data, as I
am the only active mapper in the county above 10 edits as of 5 months ago
(and unfortunately now, most of central VA). I will be communicating with
active local mappers when I encounter them (by way of the fantastic "Who's
Around Me?" tool).

Building and address files have been conflated and cleansed, probably for
the first time in OSM history, in a visual data prep tool called Alteryx.
It saved me a shocking amount of time versus writing code or doing the
edits manually in Excel/QGIS/JOSM.

Early this year I completed an import of south King County in Washington
State, which included around half a million buildings (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/South_King_County_Import).

Hoping to get started soon! Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sam

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>