Emilie Laffray wrote:

> The node merging step was done with a Java program, just after the
> generation of the OSM file. The shapefile that we were getting were
> shapefiles built out of the database that we sorted. I really need to
> finish the write up about the Corine Import.

Okay. I had already written some node merging perl code before, when the
validator node merging in JOSM still was excruciatingly slow at medium
to large datasets. That was an increase in runtime of about 4 hours in
JOSM to 5 seconds in perl, in my first case.

So, what did I miss in the svn vs. your tweaked version of polyshp2osm? :)

--
Lennard