2009/12/18 jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com <jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com>

> Yes, I am working on the update script as we speak.
> But I offered to delete the data from the beginning.
> Also, I can do this in josm and have done it already.
>
> If there are changes then I will just leave them. Only version 1 will
> be deleted.

Thanks for that.

> Thanks. I have lots of experience in FLOSS projects and know that
> tempers can get excited when you cannot see the person who you are
> yelling at.
>
> It is important to also realise that being open means that many
> embarrasing things are out in the open.
>
> The most important thing in such a project is to have a long term
> commitment to making things better, I have that.
>
> I am happy to do what I can.

If there is anything that can be said about you here, it is that you have
been overenthusiastic about importing data that you found. You clearly have
proven that you were willing to correct your errors and willing to recognize
them. There is nothing embarrassing here.
For example, a project like this
http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/clc/cgi-bin/index.py could be useful. For the
Corine import, some polygons were not imported automatically because they
were overlapping with current feature or they didn't contain a landuse that
we though could be translated without having a look at. Someone in the
community then created this map allowing everyone to easily add point
graphically. If you had the josm remote control plugin enabled, it would
directly open the point in JOSM allowing you to modify it if necessary
before choosing whether to import it or not.
It could be an interesting way of doing that EPA import. In our case, the
polygon is stored in postgis, and the OSM file is generated on the fly.
It is at least a good thing you want to make things better, so thanks.

Emilie Laffray