Hi,

On 21 June 2011 22:23, Frank Steggink <stegg...@steggink.org> wrote:
> I just noticed this post about European urban landuse vector data:
> http://blog.weogeo.com/2011/06/21/data-blog-european-urban-land-use-vectors/
>
> It might be interesting for local communities within the EU who are seeking
> to improve landuse data in OSM in their area.
> This data can be downloaded here:
> http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/urban-atlas
>
> The license seems to be compatible with CC-BY-SA or the ODbL, as long as the
> source is attributed:
>
> Rights:
>   EEA standard re-use policy: unless otherwise indicated, re-use of
>   content on the EEA website for commercial or non-commercial purposes
>   is permitted free of charge, provided that the source is
>   acknowledged (http://www.eea.europa.eu/legal/copyright). Copyright
>   holder: Directorate-General Enterprise and Industry.

The UA data is accompanied by reports from the teams that collected
the data for each city.  In many places they list Google Earth imagery
as a reference.  They also included roads "landuse" which is a buffer
around the centrelines of roads and the source of the centrelines is
only listed as "off-the-shelf navigation data".  I would love to know
what this data is as it's quite complete although apparently
positional errors of 10-20m were added.

But I think it's okay to use it in OSM if EEA thinks it's okay, and I
think someone has asked EEA already (there have been imports in some
countries already and some small-scale uses elsewhere.  In Slovakia
IIRC, they decided to manually remove and patch the "roads" landuse
which cut through other landuse polygons).

Cheers