On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Dimo Dimchev <reac...@abv.bg> wrote:
> I see many countries using the CLC and the results are good looking maps at
> lower zoom levels. When I zoom in, there are no more details and some data
> seems to be incorrect. I tried to make classification of a landsat scene and
> the results I got look promising. New imagery allowed new changes to reflect
> on the map and much more details were on the map, giving the bigger data
> size.

I'm not particularly a fan of importing this kind of data unless it is
carefully inspected. I'm becoming more and more convinced that land
cover information should belong in a separate database, since it
doesn't have any topological relationship to any other data.

> I have some examples over the south-west of Sofia
> http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/431/imagerym.jpg
> and a test changeset over the eastern Rhodopes
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.6761&lon=25.9656&zoom=12&layers=M

The main OSM database is not a place for this kind of test import,
especially considering you named the forests as "test data". The Bing
imagery isn't of sufficient resolution to tell how good this data is,
but I see that many (all?) of the ways are duplicated four times, only
one of which belongs to the multipolygon.

I would highly recommend that you revert this changeset until further
discussions occur on this list and with any relevant local mailing
lists or groups.

-Josh