hello

why not directly edit OSM and get minutely diffs? you would have
up-to-date copy of the database and no problems with points 2-6 on your
list (which afaik are not solved by anybody by a decent level of
satisfaction).

eg wheelmap.org uses this approach, our freemap services, ...

for the end users of your applications/websites, there will no change
("just" change the API server, the menu stays the same).

michal
On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 12:21:28PM +0000, Paul Churchley wrote:
> Open Charge Map (http://openchargemap.org) is a mostly open source database
> of electric vehicle charging locations.worldwide. It is mostly data entered
> and maintained by the community and licensed viaCC BY-SA 3.0 but it also
> contains some imported data covered by other licences.
>
> I am proposing a data bridge between OCM and OSM to:
>
>    - import the 27,000+ locations currently on OCM into OSM
>    - provide a mechanism to highlight new OCM entries and to port them into
>    OSM
>    - provide a de-duplication function to prevent duplicate nodes being
>    entered into OSM as a result of this import
>    - provide a mechanism to highlight new charge stations added directly
>    into OSM as potential new locations for OCM
>    - provide a mechanism to identify changes in geolocation of stations in
>    OCM and transferring the new location to the OSM node
>    - provide a mechanism to identify stations removed from OCM and to
>    remove the charging station attribute, or the entire node, from OSM
>
> The licensing issues are not clear to me. The data on OCM is a mix of CC
> BY-SA 3.0 and third-party data imported under their own licenses. However,
> I do not propose that we import any data other than open data from OCM. In
> fact, I propose that we only import the location, to position the node, and
> a reference back to OCM. I am hoping that this will satisfy the OSM
> licensing requirements as we are not actually storing anything other than
> location and a OCM reference. I am also hoping that as the data being added
> to OSM is of a very limited nature that it will also make any import and
> bridging considerably easier and simpler.
>
> My OSM experience is limited but I have been an editor for a couple of
> years and attended "State of the Map" when it was in Birmingham so at least
> I am familiar with the general procedures and I fully appreciate the
> importance of licence compliance and the importance of data integrity and
> protection within OSM.
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenChargeMap

michal palenik