On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Alex Barth <a...@mapbox.com> wrote:

> I agree with the proposal to remove these nuclear explosion sites.
>
> I find this argument most compelling:
>
>  > (Sites that will, unless they're mapped erroneously, *never* *ever*
> change, because by definition these nodes refer to something that has
> happened in the past which cannot be changed by anything that happens in
> the future - unlike a house that can be torn down, or a boundary that
> can be changed.)

A better solution to having the information in OSM is a wikipedia link with
information about past nuclear events. That keeps with the spirit of OSM
yet provides a link to relevant information. Not knowing which sites are
tagged with past nuclear events, it hard to say if there is a node or
polygon to tag. A number of tests were conducted on Pacific islands. The
island polygon could include a link to wikipedia. Tests that were conducted
inland, Nevada, for example, may or may not have any nodes. I don't know if
any artifacts remain.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle