> 109 uses of
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dev_charging
> remain, though
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcharging_station
> has long since taken over.
>
> The proposed edit will move over the nodes that make sense, and
> completely remove *amenity=ev_charging* from the dataset.
>
> Expected impact on data consumers is none.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_edits/Bryce_C_Nesbitt

With the recent discussion on airport phone charging stations in mind I
oppose this manual edit for now. I believe it would be better to rename
"amenity=charging_station" to amenity=vehicle_charging_station to make the
tag name correspond more closely to the tag definition and to avoid
confusion. Nonetheless the tag "ev_charging" is not nice, I agree
(abbreviated).

The phone charging stations should still not get the tag
amenity=charging_station (for the same above reasons) but something like
power outlet or power socket, ...

Cheers,
Martin