Forward - On Sep 18, 2018, 10:27 AM, < robertaustinb...@protonmail.com> wrote:

Hello my name is Austin and I am also in the local community doing the import.
    I work on cell towers and can answer a few of these questions.

    1. Yes they do have a regular street address just like a house.

2. We have looked at satellite imagery for a few and we will looks at them all during the import as part of the QA process.

3. Yes it is intentional that there is no stated purpose. Tower companies build tower with things in mind but it's really just vertical real estate that they will rent for anything. I've seen space rented for amateur radio. Also things change on the towers as leases run out, for instance T-MOBILE starts using a new frequently and now they need less towers in a area and decommission one where they were the only cell carrier on the tower but there is still FM on the tower. So listing a purpose for the towers even if we could would not be a good idea since we could not update them. There are some projects out there to track and monitor who is on a tower but that is outside of the scope of this import.

4. Mike might want to add to this one but, That will be made on a case by case basis, and I don't think it will be much of a issue as Very! few towers in our area are mapped to begin with, I'm sure less than 1%.

 -- Back to Mike---

To expand on what Austin mentioned -

3 - I did overlook the tower:type tag, and have added that tag to the data now. 4. The existing data has one tag conflict, but I believe the new tag conforms to OSM standards (tower:type=pole instead of the more common tower:type=freestanding).

  Regards,

  Mike