Hi,

On 16.10.19 09:46, Ilja Gerhardt wrote:
>> Is this [1] your account? 10 years old and no edits. For an import, you
>> should already have some experience in contributing to OSM.

> Wow, what a lovely welcoming message! This really motivates me to
> contribute and to work for the OSM project!

Agreed this is not super welcoming but you said that your user name was
"ilja" and that you were "long time active" which at least superficially
seems to conflict with the 0 edits in the user account. Explaining in
which other ways you were active when you didn't edit OSM would have
helped to avoid this misunderstanding.

The idea that some editing experience is advantageous for a successful
import is not Joachim's invention; e.g.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines says: "1. Gain
familiarity with the basics of OpenStreetMap, including editing, such as
adding details of your neighbourhood."

> ... actually not. Thank you, I won't do anything in this respect.

Well the main point of Joachim's message was that at least from the
public statements on the web site, the data is not legal for importing
to OSM. You make it sound as if this would have been a perfectly good
import that sadly cannot go ahead because you were not welcomed enough.
But if the data isn't legal to import then all the welcoming-ness and
politeness in the world won't help make the import a success.

Do you have reason to believe that there is a legal avenue to import the
data, or had you overlooked the license terms and do now agree that the
data cannot be imported?

Bye
Frederik