From: Laaksonen Seppo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 5:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IMPUTE: MAR

I do not like about the term MAR, missing at random. Of course, when it has
been defined, there are no problems. But the direct interpretation of that
term
is confusing, since missingness is not random in this case but conditionally
in
some sense. The term should be something like missing at random
conditionally
(MARC) or MAR according to covariates. I am not fully satisfied to those
terms.
What do you prefer?

Best regards
Seppo Laaksonen