Hi everybody, I have a very practical question for the list.  My colleagues
and I are analyzing longitudinal repeated measures data in which the final
dependent variable in our analysis is dichotomous (i.e., presence or
absence of a substance use disorder).  The remaining exogenous predictors
and endogenous mediators are continuous and normally distributed.  We are
just now becoming familiar with the recent advances in multiple imputation
and are wondering what procedures would be appropriate for the type of data
described above.  For example, I have heard it said that it may be
appropriate to use a program like NORM for such data at the imputation
stage, so long as the data sets are analyzed with a proper recognition of
their properties (we plan to conduct structural equation modeling with
manifest variables using Mplus and a weighted least squares
estimator).  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  If what I have
described is unclear or more detail is needed, I would be more than happy
to elaborate.  Thank you very much.

Alex Mason
University of Alabama at Birmingham