If you get an r.dll error I assume you are running the Windows version of R.  The
Hmisc library for Windows needs to be updated to incorporate the latest version of
aregImpute.  This will be done in a couple of weeks.  The latest version of Hmisc for
R is available for Linux/Unix/MacOSX at
http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat/s/Hmisc.html .  This version has the
up-to-date online documentation, in which you will see that I added another variable,
x3, to the examples.  That is because predictive mean matching does not work with
fewer than 3 variables used to predict the target variable.  In the extreme case of
one right-hand-side variable and assuming that only monotonic transformations of left
and right-side variables are allowed, every bootstrap resample will give predicted
values of the target variable that are monotonically related to predicted values from
every other bootstrap resample.  The same is true for Bayesian predicted values.  This
causes predictive mean matching to always match on the same donor observation.  It
took me a lot of pain to figure this out.  This is now discussed in the documentation.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr              Prof. of Biostatistics & Statistics
Div. of Biostatistics & Epidem. Dept. of Health Evaluation Sciences