hi

i would be grateful if someone could advise me on how to combine results
from a repeated measures analysis. i have five imputed datasets, run the
usual complete case statistics thru spss and try to combine through the
norm program.

with between subjects the output from the glm procedure, i can get
parameter estimates (in addititon to the f-test results) from spss, thus
can get a combined result from norm. however, for the within subjects and
interaction analyses while i can produce the f-test results for the five
imputations, no parameter estimates are available for me to put through the
norm program.

i'm not sure whether there is a way to combine the f-statistic and sig
values, or another way to produce parameter estimates from spss (possibly
through syntax).

the other statistics that are produced from spss, that (i think) are
amenable to combining  are the differences in estimated mariginal means.
These are produced within the pairwise comparisions section of output,
which has mean differences and standard errors for the means. this would
allow me to discern the significant specific differences between various
times of the repeated measures and across groups.

unfortunately, i am not sure if this is a correct process (i.e. the right
way to do things). it does not provide me with a combined f- statistic for
the within subjects or interaction terms, nor does it acount for the
multiple comparisions through post hoc tests.

i'm stuck at what to do and as to whether combining only the post hoc
results would be appropriate. i would be grateful for any help available.

thanks in advance

shash

Shashivadan Hirani
University College London Medical School
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Science
2nd Floor, Wolfson Building
48 Riding House Street
London W1N 8AA

Tel: 020 7679 9309