I agree with Craig's suggestion to use IVEware. It is much better than norm
etc for categorical data.

I assume that you were using the facilities in MI that pull back the imputed
normal values to categories. When I tried to use this a couple of years back
using SAS 8.1 (and also 8.2) there were some nasty bugs that would result in
errors in a few variables, but not always and sporadically. What happened
was that sometimes I would find a handful of non-missing data had been
replaced. I sent all kinds of messages to SAS about this but did not get
much joy from them, just saying that the procedure was unsupported, so I
gave up and fudged that problem in some other way. HAs anyone else on this
list had similar problems? And are they fixed now?

SInce then I have found IVEware much better. It will do everything that MI
does and more, though it is a bit harder to use.  I started to write some
notes as a bit of an idiots guide to it, but they are still incomplete. The
only problem I faced with it ws the need to ensure that all continuous
variables were approximately centred to avoid computational difficulties.

Good luck

Gillian Raab
Edinburgh