Hi all,

I'm working on readthedocs support for hosting Eclipse
CycloneDDS<https://github.com/eclipse-cyclonedds/cyclonedds> documentation.
I've found other Eclipse projects already using readthedocs (i.e.
IoT-Testware<https://iottestware.readthedocs.io/en/master/>) but still I'd like
to ask if there are any potential concerns.

Note the 3rd party tooling involved (Sphinx, doxygen, texlive etc.) is already
required today, to build CycloneDDS documentation. My contribution will mostly
involve configuration for automated readthedocs builds. Once the mechanism is
in place i will apply for automatic RTD builds on
pull-requests<https://blog.readthedocs.com/building-docs-for-pull-requests/>,
to encourage contributors to add and improve documentation and to verify PRs
don't break the docs build.

I intend to use a copyright notice similar to IoT-Testware (i.e. Copyright
2020, Eclipse CycloneDDS Contributors) and will also include the
license<https://github.com/eclipse-cyclonedds/cyclonedds/blob/master/LICENSE>.

Can I go ahead and once finished just do a pull-request? Or do we need any
formal permission or i.e. a review of the artifacts we intend to publish?

Thanks,

Patrick Masselink