On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:05:10 +0200
Milan Jurik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]
> Again, I'm not saying that our tools are great, I'm saying that
> duplications are bad, create big mess and big troubles in consitency and
> maintaining.
[...]

Like oawk, awk, nwak.  Or maybe a bunch of the stuff in /usr/xpg4/bin.

You could probably twist that into an argument for or against
duplication.  Not certain that the argument is as important as the fact
that duplication already exists in the Solaris userland.

In the Indiana problem statement I see: "Project Indiana will be a
leading edge distribution with an expected adoption of OpenSolaris
enthusiasts and developers on single user systems and basic server
setups. It will also encourage new users coming to the platform for the
first time."  I'm pretty certain I heard Ian saying something pretty
similar today.  In my mind Indiana is the developers hook (SXDE) with
that other feel.  But from the conversations I've read on this list I'm
not always certain that developer/enthusiast focus is always agreed
upon.  Agreeing on the target demographic might help straighten out
some of the content questions.

                                mph