Stephen -

I did a clean install of 2008.05 rc2a with no problems.   Following your
instructions, I wanted to see if my Companion CD repository would work  with
the package manager.  I did

pfexec pkg set-authority -O http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000 sunfreeware.com

pfexec pkg refresh

both as root.   Then I started the package manager program and the above
repository was found and the packages appear under the All category correctly.
I tried some individual package installs and they do install in /opt/sfw as
they should and dependencies are found.

I did note two problems which I am not sure are with my repository or the
package manager.   If, for example, I try to do an install of the IPSFWcddk -
which has a number of dependencies - the download eventually freezes.  26828 KB
is supposed to be downloaded, but it stops  at 7892 and stays there.   I also
tried to select all the packages and install them all at once, but that froze
also.

If this is a problem with my repository or packages, I would like to fix them.
If not, maybe this is some other issue.

Very nice tool though.  Looking forward to using it and building packages for
it.

Steve C.